Statement of Faith
What we believe.
1) There is one God, who has revealed Himself as our Father, in His Son Jesus Christ, and as the Holy Spirit. All the fullness of God dwells in Jesus. God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.
Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and, the Word was God.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh.....
Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
John 14:9-10 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? (10) Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Colossians 2:9 For in Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily
2) in the man Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, who was miraculously conceived in the womb of the virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit and born in the town of Bethlehem. He is the Christ (Messiah) who was prophesied in the Old Testament.
Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her (Mary), The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
2 Peter 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
3) the Bible is the Word of God.
2Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
4) that as a result of Adam's sin man is inherently sinful and God does not tolerate sin, therefore the punishment for sin is death. So God sent his Son Jesus to undo what Adam did by taking our punishment for us and dying on the cross and being raised from the dead. As a result of our obedience to the Word of God we receive eternal life.
Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Romans 5:19 For as by one man's (Adam) disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one (Jesus) shall many be made righteous.
5) Jesus shed his blood when He died on the cross at Calvary. His blood was sinless and is entirely sufficient to cleanse mankind of all sin. Jesus allowed himself to be crucified and punished for our sinful behavior, enabling those who believe and obey Him to be free from the penalty of sin, which is death.
Matthew 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of [the one] God is eternal life through [His Son] Jesus Christ our Lord.
6) to be saved and have eternal life we must be Born Again.
John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
7) How are we Born Again?
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost- (with the evidence of speaking in tongues).
8) we are baptised into the Body of Christ (the Church) through the Holy Spirit, with the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues.
1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
9) in the miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit in the Church.
1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
10) in prayer for the sick and the healing power of God.
James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
11) the Bible instructs the Spirit-filled believer on how to live an overcomer's life.
Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
12) the Bible describes God's plan for this world and gives signs of the soon return of Jesus Christ.
Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?